Title: The Space Between
Author : Victoria H. Smith
Release date: April 2, 2013
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tour organized by:AToMR Tours
When Drake started the night at his father’s campaign fundraiser, he never imagined he’d end it being conned into buying drugs on the West Side. Losing high-stakes poker has its consequences, but he’d repeatedly face them just to hear Lacey Douglas sing. Drake sees Lacey light up the stage, and he has to have her. But his intentions for being on her side of town turn out to be the reason he can’t.
Chicago native Lacey has dreams of the opera, but life has its obstacles. Lacey has come to know her hardships as part of living in the real world and accepts them fully. When Lacey meets the intense and invigorating Drake, a fire is lit inside her, unleashing those dreams again.
Two paths that should have never crossed prove to create the exact pairing the other needs. But when their worlds take time to catch up, everything they have is tested. Finding the space between the two sides that challenge them will be hard, but it’s the only place that will keep them together.
The Space Between is a new adult contemporary romance.
Interesting Facts about THE SPACE BETWEEN
1. Lacey’s love for theater and song is inspired by my musical theater days from high school.
2. Lacey’s mama just loves her nail polishes in the novel, so much so that they’re randomly displaced around her room. This element was inspired from my own Grandma. She had many polishes around that I used to play with as a child.
3. Many of the stereotypes about various races and acts of racism and classism featured in the novel stem from the actual experiences of my friends, family, and my own experiences while being in an interracial relationship.
4. While writing for Drake, I actually listened to the music of the rapper of the same name, Drake. Though my character’s name came first, I found that the artist’s music matched his personality; very sure of himself and takes what he wants.
5. The Space Between is set in Chicago because all of my novels feature the Midwest. Being a Midwesterner myself, all my stories seem to be featured there.
About the Author
Victoria H. Smith has a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. She puts it to good use writing romance all day. She resides in the Midwest with her Macbook on her lap and a cornfield to her right. She often draws inspiration for her stories from her own life experiences, and the twenty-something characters she writes give her an earful about it.
In her free time, she enjoys extreme couponing, blogging, reading, and sending off a few tweets on Twitter when she can. She writes new adult fiction romance in the sub-genres of science fiction, urban fantasy, and contemporary, but really, anywhere her pen takes her she goes
Click Button to Follow Tour