Shall we call you Darwin or Mr. Blake?
I prefer Darwin; only one woman gets to call me Mr. Blake. And I don’t mean my PA.
1. What writers or poets have most influenced you?
The literary classics Keats, Shelly and The Bard but more recent authors too Pratchett, Bateman, James and, of course, Reynard.
2. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
Difficult to pin me on that one, fantasy, romance, science fiction, crime, and comedy. I’m happy to give anything a try.
3. What books did you read as a lad? Follow up, which one of those books was your favorite?
The first book I read was lent to me by my friend, Dale. He never got it back. It was the Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett. I remember how it made me laugh and how he made Death a relatable character. He loves cats you know…..Death that is.
4. When did you discover you had talent for writing poetry? Your poems seem so effortless and relatable to readers. It’s as if you’ve been doing this forever and selfishly hiding your work from us. When did you begin writing?
I’ve always been apt at rhyming and also have been blessed with a good imagination, but I only started writing in the last year after penning a handwritten letter. I found how easily words flowed from my hand.
5. Your poems reveal little things about your personality, such as your love of the cinema and dislike of spiders. You also write heartfelt poems of love. Some have called them displays of fervent love. Are you comfortable with exposing yourself to so many people?
Yes, I work with a diverse team and have to liaise with lots of people every day; I am comfortable talking publicly and enjoy being part of a debate.
- DELETED SCENE from the book ALLURE by Nina Lane fb.me/2nnt3srID 2 hours ago
- We have some great Book Promotion coming up in June, with authors such as Genevieve Dewey Jill Elaine Hughes and... fb.me/IL3slNxe 4 hours ago
- My Secret Romance Book Reviews Praise for Allure by Nina Lane"Nina has done it again! No sophomore slump here!... fb.me/xBxE3GYT 4 hours ago
- ICYMI ~ Viewer discretion is advised. ♥ Nina Lane shares deleted scene from Allure. ♥ fb.me/2n6bQWkAq 4 hours ago
- 5 of 5 stars to Beside Your Heart by Mary Whitney bit.ly/YRwltb 5 hours ago
- Why didn't I listen? Everyone knows that I love my hearts and flowers and HEA books with minimal angst. I... fb.me/1vBkBWPJs 5 hours ago
- STARLIGHT by Alexandra Richland is available now!! 1-click BUY! :) fb.me/27psHh5mk 7 hours ago
- Well the gals at Reality Bites Let's Get Lost Absolutely Love Allure by Nina Lane are you curious to why. Then Go... fb.me/2ln6ftLmn 8 hours ago