What if someone asked you to choose ONLY ONE of the many guys you’ve fallen in love with (in reading of course) to be your book boyfriend? *shakes head* Nope! I can’t do it! Every time I read a book, especially romance, a little bit of my heart goes to each one of those guys. So thank you to every favorite author of mine for creating such swoon-worthy men! It was a very hard decision for me and I couldn’t choose just one so here are my men. Drumroll please….*drumrolls*…. (announcer voice) TIED FOR FIRST PLACE ARE: Aidan Fitzgerald (The Proposition, The Proposal by Katie Ashley) and Michael Andris (Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels)!
Yes once again I’m professing my love for Michael; he just gets me every darn time! I’ve mentioned Boycotts & Barflies time and time again and it’s only because it’s a must read story! If you haven’t met Mr. Andris and his “piercing blue eyes” yet, please hurry and buy the book! Rosette & I were even lucky enough to chat with Michael and ask him some juicy questions. Grace you lucky girl I posted the pic to the left because I still haven’t placed a face/person for him. Let me know if you envision someone as our lovable bartender!
Aidan. Fitzgerald. Marketing VP. Wears Suits. *sigh* You all know what a man in a suit does to me. Thank goodness for Michelle and her insistence for me to read Katie Ashley’s work. PLUS I was urged even more when she gave BOTH books wonderful 5 star reviews! Check them out here: The Proposition & The Proposal. While reading, I got those heart clenches that I usually do when I feel like the book is going to be a favorite of mine; and as it so happens, they both are! Aidan is the guy you find to be so full of himself and then you realize he actually has a heart. UGH! You got me Katie! I was in love the moment I met…er…READ…about him “Aidan Fitzgerlad rubbed his blurring blue eyes.” Gosh, blue eyes get me every time!
Leave a comment or tweet us who your #BookBoyfriend is this Valentine’s Day! Hope you all have a great one! :*
Buy all the books NOW!
The boy’s drink of choice for the holiday season would be:
- 1/3 oz Jack Daniels
- 1/3 oz Jim Beam
- 1/3 oz Johnny Walker
- Put some ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the “three wise men” inside the shaker.
- Shake for about 10 seconds then serve.
The girl’s drink of choice for the holiday season would be:
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Peppermint schnapps
- 1 oz Club soda
- Crushed candy canes
- Put some ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the vodka, peppermint schnapps and the club soda inside the shaker.
- Shake the container vigorously, then pour its contents in a martini glass which has been dipped in the crushed candy canes.
Since it’s Day 4 of Christmas Reads week (and I can’t get enough of Victoria and her books) there’s another giveaway! Just like yesterday it is only going to be up for 24 hours; and who ever wins gets an ebook of Boycotts & Barflies…along with bragging rights! (Sorry no Manolo’s! )
ENDS MIDNIGHT!! HURRY!!
Here is the playlist to Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels! Add them to your iPod and you’re good to go! Happy Reading!
Since it’s Day 4 and I can’t get enough of Victoria and her books there’s another giveaway! Just like yesterday it is only going to be up for 24 hours; and who ever wins gets an ebook of Boycotts & Barflies…along with bragging rights! (Sorry no Manolo’s! )
ENDS MIDNIGHT!! HURRY!!
Tiffany & I had a very fun chat with Michael Andris from Boycotts & Barflies; and it’s SWOON-WORTHY!
1. How is the gang? Now that everything is out in the open has anything changed?
Everyone is great, but busy as hell. Now that everything’s out in the open, everyone’s a lot more… relaxed, if you know what I mean.
2. How did you know what size Grace was when you bought her that sexy black outfit?
Since I know Ryan will rat me out if I give a BS answer, so *grins* I asked Meg.
3. Have you had the grand opening of Tryst yet? If so, how did you all celebrate? *cough* with pizza…?
Tryst has opened and it was a great night for all of us. The girls came and helped out with the opening. Then after we closed, Grace and I had a little celebration of our own.
4. How do you make Sex with a Bartender and Orgasm?
Ahhhh, two of my favorites for sure.
You’ll never forget your first Sex with the Bartender. *winks*
- It’s served in a Martini Glass
½ shot Coconut rum (Malibu)
½ shot orange liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier)
½ shot lime juice
1 splash of grenadine syrup
Fill glass the rest of the way with 7-up or Sprite
Garnish with lemons/limes
1 splash Irish Cream (Bailey’s)
The Orgasm has many … variations as I’m sure you know. There’s the screaming, the white, the tropical, the heavenly, and my personal favorite, the multiple screaming orgasm, so I think that’s the one I’ll give you.
- This is served in a Collins glass (over ice)
½ oz. Amaretto
½ oz. Irish Cream (Bailey’s)
½ oz. Kahlua
½ oz. Light Rum
½ oz. Vodka
Fill rest of the way with cream
5. Describe the shoes you would want Grace to wear for you; if that was the ONLY thing she was going to wear.
Boots, black leather, high heels, over the knee.
6. What’s on your Christmas wish list? What charm for Grace’s bracelet will you buy her this year?
All I want for Christmas is a nice long vacation. I’ve been crazy busy with Tryst and a week, on the beach with Grace in a bikini sounds like heaven. The charm I have for Grace this year is a shooting star because she loves to make wishes on them, she’s like a little kid.
7. Who would you pick to be your best man at your wedding? I assume you will have 2 to choose from.
Wedding? Have you been talking to my mother? *laughs* I’d probably go with the ‘best men’ option. I’d need both of them with me…
8. What great things have Susan & Liz done recently to make you and Grace blush?
See the previous question. Strangely enough, now that you mention it, I recently started getting mailings and catalogues from all the jewelers in town. They even call me when they are having sales. How they got my number I have no idea. Neither of the moms will confess to being behind that one. And they’re both apparently obsessed with that show where the girls shop for wedding dresses on TV. It’s on every time we come over to either of their houses. They’re as subtle as a heart attack.
9. What are your plans this New Year’s Eve?
Me, Grace, champagne, and a roaring fire. And maybe those boots we were talking about earlier. *smirks*
10. Describe your best day so far with Grace.
New Year’s was amazing, but I also love the quiet days when it’s just she and I on the couch watching TV. She’s an amazing woman.
7 Smooches Showdown
- One item you cannot live without?
- Favorite drink?
Gin and tonic
- Guilty pleasure?
Bubble baths…with Grace. Don’t tell Jack or I’ll never live it down.
- Favorite author/book?
Catcher in the Rye
- Dogs or cats?
- Tight dress or t-shirt & jeans?
T-shirt and jeans
- Chocolate mousse or body shot?
Since it’s Day 4 and I can’t get enough of Michael & his friends, there’s another giveaway! Just like yesterday it is only going to be up for 24 hours; and who ever wins gets an ebook of Boycotts & Barflies…along with bragging rights! (Sorry no Manolo’s ladies! )
ENDS MIDNIGHT!! HURRY!!
What can I say about Boycotts & Barflies? You all might know how I’m pretty obsessed with Victoria Michaels and both her books; but this one I could not stop reading even AFTER I finished it. Yep that’s right…I would not be able to go to sleep without reading one of my favorite scenes and then by the time I knew it, I was already halfway through the whole thing! No book has made me do that, keep me up late because I couldn’t stop thinking about it and making me hang out with the gang again.
Boycotts & Barflies is a fun read about Grace and her two girlfriends that are through with dating weird guys, so they make a pact to only attract the worthy ones. To make the bet a little more interesting, they decide to raise the stakes by adding eternal bragging rights and money for…. Wait for it….A BRAND NEW PAIR of shoes for their first date in the New Year! Heck yes and good luck! BUT to make it even more motivating, they can only have ONE true kiss and nothing more. (although closed lip kissing is fine – loop holes) Yep, they must abstain from anything they wouldn’t want to catch their parents doing. *shudders*
Meanwhile Michael and his two best friends are in the same sort of predicament. The only girls that are in their radar are the barflies that hang out at their workplace. Much like the girls do, the three guys decide to find a nice girl that they can call their girlfriends. *swoon* So what happens when these six strangers meet and start to fall for one another? How can they all stay in the bet and find true love at the same time? The ending will surprise you!
This book is definitely one I can never get sick of and it’s because of the funny banter and cool characters. Even the parents I loved! Oh Susan how I absolutely adore you! Like I mentioned, there’s nothing I didn’t love about this book. It was fun, sexy, genius, impressive and…exquisite! (The last two you’ll notice when you read the book)
Remember that delicious Calamari Salad from the Italian restaurant, Bravo, featured in Trust in Advertising? Well, I’ve adapted a NON-SPICY version that even Vincent might enjoy!
• 1 lb cleaned squid
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 small red onion
• 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
• 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (3/4 lb), halved or quartered if large
• 1 bag of Mixed Greens or Spring Mix lettuce
1. Rinse squid under cold running water, then lightly pat dry between paper towels. Halve tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies (including flaps, if attached) crosswise into 1/3-inch-wide rings.
2. Cook squid in a 5- to 6-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just opaque, 40 to 60 seconds. Drain in a colander and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. When squid is cool, drain and pat dry.
3. Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then stir in half of red onion, minced and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine squid, olives, tomatoes, and thinly sliced onions to bowl. Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper again if needed.
5. Let stand at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
6. Just before serving, place lettuce in serving dish or bowls and place portion of calamari mixture on top.
7. Drizzle with additional dressing if needed.
*Recipe adapted from epicurious.com