What if someone asked you to choose ONLY ONE of the many guys you’ve fallen in love with (in reading of course) to be your book boyfriend? *shakes head* Nope! I can’t do it! Every time I read a book, especially romance, a little bit of my heart goes to each one of those guys. So thank you to every favorite author of mine for creating such swoon-worthy men! ;) It was a very hard decision for me and I couldn’t choose just one so here are my men. Drumroll please….*drumrolls*…. (announcer voice) TIED FOR FIRST PLACE ARE: Aidan Fitzgerald (The Proposition, The Proposal by Katie Ashley) and Michael Andris (Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels)!
Yes once again I’m professing my love for Michael; he just gets me every darn time! I’ve mentioned Boycotts & Barflies time and time again and it’s only because it’s a must read story! If you haven’t met Mr. Andris and his “piercing blue eyes” yet, please hurry and buy the book! Rosette & I were even lucky enough to chat with Michael and ask him some juicy questions. Grace you lucky girl ;) I posted the pic to the left because I still haven’t placed a face/person for him. Let me know if you envision someone as our lovable bartender!
Aidan. Fitzgerald. Marketing VP. Wears Suits. *sigh* You all know what a man in a suit does to me. Thank goodness for Michelle and her insistence for me to read Katie Ashley’s work. PLUS I was urged even more when she gave BOTH books wonderful 5 star reviews! Check them out here: The Proposition & The Proposal. While reading, I got those heart clenches that I usually do when I feel like the book is going to be a favorite of mine; and as it so happens, they both are! :) Aidan is the guy you find to be so full of himself and then you realize he actually has a heart. UGH! You got me Katie! I was in love the moment I met…er…READ…about him ;) “Aidan Fitzgerlad rubbed his blurring blue eyes.” Gosh, blue eyes get me every time!
Leave a comment or tweet us who your #BookBoyfriend is this Valentine’s Day! Hope you all have a great one! :*
Buy all the books NOW! :)
The boy’s drink of choice for the holiday season would be:
- 1/3 oz Jack Daniels
- 1/3 oz Jim Beam
- 1/3 oz Johnny Walker
- Put some ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the “three wise men” inside the shaker.
- Shake for about 10 seconds then serve.
The girl’s drink of choice for the holiday season would be:
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Peppermint schnapps
- 1 oz Club soda
- Crushed candy canes
- Put some ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the vodka, peppermint schnapps and the club soda inside the shaker.
- Shake the container vigorously, then pour its contents in a martini glass which has been dipped in the crushed candy canes.
Since it’s Day 4 of Christmas Reads week (and I can’t get enough of Victoria and her books) there’s another giveaway! Just like yesterday it is only going to be up for 24 hours; and who ever wins gets an ebook of Boycotts & Barflies…along with bragging rights! (Sorry no Manolo’s! ;) )
ENDS MIDNIGHT!! HURRY!!
Here is the playlist to Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels! Add them to your iPod and you’re good to go! Happy Reading!
Since it’s Day 4 and I can’t get enough of Victoria and her books there’s another giveaway! Just like yesterday it is only going to be up for 24 hours; and who ever wins gets an ebook of Boycotts & Barflies…along with bragging rights! (Sorry no Manolo’s! ;) )
ENDS MIDNIGHT!! HURRY!!
Tiffany & I had a very fun chat with Michael Andris from Boycotts & Barflies; and it’s SWOON-WORTHY! ;)
1. How is the gang? Now that everything is out in the open has anything changed?
Everyone is great, but busy as hell. Now that everything’s out in the open, everyone’s a lot more… relaxed, if you know what I mean.
2. How did you know what size Grace was when you bought her that sexy black outfit?
Since I know Ryan will rat me out if I give a BS answer, so *grins* I asked Meg.
3. Have you had the grand opening of Tryst yet? If so, how did you all celebrate? *cough* with pizza…? ;)
Tryst has opened and it was a great night for all of us. The girls came and helped out with the opening. Then after we closed, Grace and I had a little celebration of our own.
4. How do you make Sex with a Bartender and Orgasm?
Ahhhh, two of my favorites for sure.
You’ll never forget your first Sex with the Bartender. *winks*
- It’s served in a Martini Glass
½ shot Coconut rum (Malibu)
½ shot orange liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier)
½ shot lime juice
1 splash of grenadine syrup
Fill glass the rest of the way with 7-up or Sprite
Garnish with lemons/limes
1 splash Irish Cream (Bailey’s)
The Orgasm has many … variations as I’m sure you know. There’s the screaming, the white, the tropical, the heavenly, and my personal favorite, the multiple screaming orgasm, so I think that’s the one I’ll give you.
- This is served in a Collins glass (over ice)
½ oz. Amaretto
½ oz. Irish Cream (Bailey’s)
½ oz. Kahlua
½ oz. Light Rum
½ oz. Vodka
Fill rest of the way with cream
5. Describe the shoes you would want Grace to wear for you; if that was the ONLY thing she was going to wear.
Boots, black leather, high heels, over the knee.
6. What’s on your Christmas wish list? What charm for Grace’s bracelet will you buy her this year?
All I want for Christmas is a nice long vacation. I’ve been crazy busy with Tryst and a week, on the beach with Grace in a bikini sounds like heaven. The charm I have for Grace this year is a shooting star because she loves to make wishes on them, she’s like a little kid.
7. Who would you pick to be your best man at your wedding? I assume you will have 2 to choose from. :)
Wedding? Have you been talking to my mother? *laughs* I’d probably go with the ‘best men’ option. I’d need both of them with me…
8. What great things have Susan & Liz done recently to make you and Grace blush?
See the previous question. Strangely enough, now that you mention it, I recently started getting mailings and catalogues from all the jewelers in town. They even call me when they are having sales. How they got my number I have no idea. Neither of the moms will confess to being behind that one. And they’re both apparently obsessed with that show where the girls shop for wedding dresses on TV. It’s on every time we come over to either of their houses. They’re as subtle as a heart attack.
9. What are your plans this New Year’s Eve?
Me, Grace, champagne, and a roaring fire. And maybe those boots we were talking about earlier. *smirks*
10. Describe your best day so far with Grace.
New Year’s was amazing, but I also love the quiet days when it’s just she and I on the couch watching TV. She’s an amazing woman.
7 Smooches Showdown
- One item you cannot live without?
- Favorite drink?
Gin and tonic
- Guilty pleasure?
Bubble baths…with Grace. Don’t tell Jack or I’ll never live it down.
- Favorite author/book?
Catcher in the Rye
- Dogs or cats?
- Tight dress or t-shirt & jeans?
T-shirt and jeans
- Chocolate mousse or body shot?
Since it’s Day 4 and I can’t get enough of Michael & his friends, there’s another giveaway! Just like yesterday it is only going to be up for 24 hours; and who ever wins gets an ebook of Boycotts & Barflies…along with bragging rights! (Sorry no Manolo’s ladies! ;) )
ENDS MIDNIGHT!! HURRY!!
What can I say about Boycotts & Barflies? You all might know how I’m pretty obsessed with Victoria Michaels and both her books; but this one I could not stop reading even AFTER I finished it. Yep that’s right…I would not be able to go to sleep without reading one of my favorite scenes and then by the time I knew it, I was already halfway through the whole thing! No book has made me do that, keep me up late because I couldn’t stop thinking about it and making me hang out with the gang again. :)
Boycotts & Barflies is a fun read about Grace and her two girlfriends that are through with dating weird guys, so they make a pact to only attract the worthy ones. To make the bet a little more interesting, they decide to raise the stakes by adding eternal bragging rights and money for…. Wait for it….A BRAND NEW PAIR of shoes for their first date in the New Year! Heck yes and good luck! BUT to make it even more motivating, they can only have ONE true kiss and nothing more. (although closed lip kissing is fine – loop holes) Yep, they must abstain from anything they wouldn’t want to catch their parents doing. *shudders*
Meanwhile Michael and his two best friends are in the same sort of predicament. The only girls that are in their radar are the barflies that hang out at their workplace. Much like the girls do, the three guys decide to find a nice girl that they can call their girlfriends. *swoon* So what happens when these six strangers meet and start to fall for one another? How can they all stay in the bet and find true love at the same time? The ending will surprise you!
This book is definitely one I can never get sick of and it’s because of the funny banter and cool characters. Even the parents I loved! Oh Susan how I absolutely adore you! Like I mentioned, there’s nothing I didn’t love about this book. It was fun, sexy, genius, impressive and…exquisite! ;) (The last two you’ll notice when you read the book)
I’m so LUCKY to have interviewed another one of my favorite authors. Not once…but TWICE this year!! Here’s my second interview with Trust in Advertising and Boycotts & Barflies author, Victoria Michaels! :)
1. What was your favorite pastime as a kid? Did you like reading/writing?
I loved to read. I read all the Nancy Drew books, the Little House on the Prairie books and I loved, loved, the Trixie Belden books. I enjoyed a good mystery. I also played softball and swam. My summers were swimming, softball, and books :)
2. Is there any book that influenced you in any way? Any books that you found inspiring?
I can’t say there was a single book that inspired me, but what I love in general about books is being taken away into this other world the author has created for a while. I love the emotions reading can bring out in you and I guess that’s why I initially started writing to try and make people laugh and have fun.
3. At what point did you realize being an author wasn’t just a dream but something you wanted to turn into reality?
I think it’s all still difficult to wrap my head around that I have two published books. I never set out to be a writer, but it turns out it’s something that I discovered I had a knack for and I went with it.
4. What’s a typical working day for you like?
I’m typically a hot mess. I have my spot on the couch where I like to sit and I’m usually flanked by a glass of ice tea. I’m not someone who will disappear for hours and write three chapters. I write, then take a break. Either because one of my kids needs something or just to clear my head. Then I’ll think of something during that downtime and go back to writing. It’s kinda scattered, but it works ;)
5. Who or what motivates you to write?
I do better when I’m on the hook to someone. When I know they are waiting for me to send them something that motivates me more than anything. I do have a dear friend who has been with me from the beginning of all of this and she just helped me get through NaNoWriMo which was no small task. She’s a great motivator, cheerleader and I adore her. Plus she gives me honest criticism which I think is extremely important when you write. Knowing she’ll be straight with me helps.
6. Do you have a favorite place/time to work?
The place is my couch. Time of day, typically early morning. 7am on a Saturday before the rest of my family wakes up is golden time for me. Also late at night some good things pop into my mind. Driving in the car is strangely inspiring at times. I have many notes I jot into my phone at stop lights.
7. What type of book/authors do you read for fun?
I read romance a lot and YA, there is a ton of great YA out there and I’m often the one suggesting books to my girls. Romance authors I adore: JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lori Foster, Gena Showalter, Kresley Cole, Christine Feehan. When I’m in a bad mood I pull out my Janet Evanovich and laugh my butt off and get a Joe Morelli fix. I really could go on and on. There are so many amazing authors out there and I read waaaaay too much…
8. How did you get involved with Omnific? I had a previous relationship with Elizabeth the owner and she offered me the opportunity to publish Boycotts & Barflies and then Trust in Advertising and so I took it. It was a great opportunity and one I will always be grateful for.
Check out the B&B trailer by Omnific: CLICK ME
9. What would you say makes your writing different from other authors?
I think there’s a lot of ‘me’ in my books and that’s what makes them unique. I think five people could all write the same story, but it’s the bits of themselves they put into a book that make it different and special.
10. Is there a message in your novels that you want readers to walk away with?
That love is a fun and amazing thing when you find it. And in the end, you find that the two people are better together than they are apart. That’s what true love is to me anyway.
11. If you could describe your books in 3 words what would they be?
Fun, flirty, and snarky.
Boycotts & Barflies
12. What inspired you to write Boycotts & Barflies? How long did it take to finish?
Before I wrote B&B I had written some funny pieces, ones that I really enjoyed but I wanted to see if I could pull off writing a love story from beginning to end. Two people meeting, falling in love and finding a way to make it work. It was a challenge to myself, one that I think paid off. It took me probably 4 months to write? Maybe a little longer.
13. Was B&B harder to write or did it just come together easily? How did it compare to TiA?
B&B was easier for me because it was light and fun. TiA had some more tense situations, but B&B was fun from beginning to end as far as the storyline went and it was a fairly smooth write.
14. How did you choose Portland as the backdrop for the story?
I have some family in the areas and I mentioned those little pieces of ‘me’ in the books…
15. Is anything in the book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
Not much is based on real life, a lot of it is what I wished I would have done a few times in my life, like ordering all the pizzas and things like that, but most is pure imagination. The songs I used in the book though, those are all some of my favorites :)
16. What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
I loved writing the bar scenes. They were fun and I wished I could have been there to watch it all play out. Especially when the guys did their bar tricks!
17. Who were your favorite characters to write? The parents are just as hysterical as the kids!
Parents and kids are always fun to write because they change the dynamics between the characters so easily. Whenever parents are in the room we turn into those 13 year old kids, praying they don’t embarrass us, so that’s always fun. And not being the mom of teenagers, I know how easily I can wield that power over them so it’s fun. But I think I loved writing the guys because I could just let them be ridiculous with that hint of oblivious that makes us love them.
18. If you could meet any of the characters from B&B, who would it be & what would you be doing?
Dancing with Michael. Hands down. *insert my Chris Hemsworth fantasy montage here*
19. Susan is one of my favorite characters & she LOVES Christmas too! Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?
One of my favorite memories of Christmas is going to sound odd, but my dad passed away two years ago, so it’s very sentimental to me now. It’s of my dad, surrounded by yards of ripped up wrapping paper on Christmas morning. Whenever the last gift was opened, he’d wait all of thirty seconds, then pull out a big, black trash bag and start cleaning up all the paper. It drove him crazy. It’d take him longer to clean up than it did to open everything and every year, he’d be so proud because he’d find one or two gifts my brothers and I hadn’t opened because they got lost under all the paper.
20. Both the girls and guys have great bailing methods. Do you have a go-to move with your hubby?
With four kids we typically ‘need to get home.’ When they were little it was to save the babysitter .Now that they are old enough to be home themselves we leave to make sure they aren’t killing each other. :)
21. We know you’re a fan of football just like Grace & the boys. Are you a fanatic for sportswear like
Meg? Do you have a collection of foam fingers? ;)
I am a sports nut and superstitious. I have been known to rearrange the sitting positions of my children on the couch if someone moved and the momentum of the game changed. Pro football mainly and everyone in my real life knows what team I like so yes, I think I am a bit fanatical about it. Every dress down day at school I’m decked out in Black and Gold. It’s a given. If I didn’t, the kids would ask me why I’m not wearing it.
22. I noticed there are little details related to numbers, i.e. movie theater 12, number 7 buckle, room 315, etc. Do they mean anything or just random?
Sometimes those are little pieces of me again, a theater my husband and I went to a lot when we were dating, a highway in town where I live. Somehow those familiar number sound better to me as I’m writing.
23. If B&B were a movie, in my dream, I’d play Grace, Julia Louis-Dreyfus my mother & Stanley Tucci my dad. Haha Do you have anyone in mind to play your characters?
I love your casting! They would be fabulous!! The one I have in my head, and it has to do with my fan girl style crush on him, I’d die to have Chris Hemsworth play Michael. *fans self* I might not survive some of the bar scenes with him in it though. For Grace I’d go with someone like Jennifer Lawrence who could pull off that down to earth girl and the unassuming sexiness that she has. Plus, my son thinks she’s “a babe.”
24. If you could picture any of the characters from TiA and B&B meeting, who would they be?
Ohhh Vincent and Lexi could do an ad campaign for Michael and they guys at the bar! Now that would be a scene to write :)
25. You mentioned before you were working on a YA book and a Romantic/Suspense. We’re excited to read your next project! *squeals* How are they coming along? Any sequels in the works *hint hint* ;)
Sadly there are no sequels in the works. There is a sequel to B&B but it was a short pile of goofiness that I write. I doubt it will ever see the light of day. As for new projects, I have been a busy girl since last we talked. I still have the YA and the Romantic/Suspense I was working on and I’m hoping to get back to them over the winter but I had another idea for a book that kinda came to me and after talking to a friend of mine, I decided to sit down and write it. I used NaNoWriMo as my motivator and right before I started answering these questions I was finishing up one of the last two chapters! Now, I literally sat down and typed it out like a crazy woman so I have to go back and do a lot of editing work but I am really excited with the story and how it’s turned out so far. It’s another Romantic Suspense; I must be in phase or something. I just like to try new things and this is one I’m really excited about so when I have something solid, I’ll have to give you a sneak peek.
26. What question have you always wanted to be asked? What would your answer be?
No one has ever asked me how many copies of my books I own. The answer- one of each :)
7 Smooches Showdown
- Favorite movie food?
Popcorn, extra butter and twizzlers (yes that part of me made the book too ;)
- Manolo Blahniks or bragging rights?
Bragging rights, I’m stubborn like that.
- Shopping weakness?
Purses- Michael Kors purses.
- Favorite football team?
*waves Terrible Towel* STEELERS! WOOT!
- Peacock lust or blue?
Peacock lust of course ;)
- What side of the bed do you sleep on?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yep. Lived it.
Since it’s Day 4 in our Christmas Reads week (and I can’t get enough of Victoria and her books) there’s another giveaway! Just like yesterday it is only going to be up for 24 hours; and who ever wins gets an ebook of Boycotts & Barflies…along with bragging rights! (Sorry no Manolo’s! ;) )
ENDS MIDNIGHT!! HURRY!!
ENTER HERE :)
We’ve been busy these past couple of days and therefore the site has been updated with a lot of features relating to Victoria Michaels. To make it easier to for you, We’ve decided to keep all links in one place for easy reference.
Review: Trust in Advertising
Interview: Victoria Michaels
Book Trailer: Trust in Advertising
Quotes: Favorite Trust in Advertising quotes
Behind the Scenes: Leigh’s Lost Letters
Recipe: Pasta with Vodka sauce
Recipe: Calamari Salad
Recipe: Best Chocolate Chips
Have you ever wondered what happened to Vincent’s other assistants? Well here you go, from the desk of Leigh. Enjoy :)
Remember that delicious Calamari Salad from the Italian restaurant, Bravo, featured in Trust in Advertising? Well, I’ve adapted a NON-SPICY version that even Vincent might enjoy!
• 1 lb cleaned squid
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 small red onion
• 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
• 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (3/4 lb), halved or quartered if large
• 1 bag of Mixed Greens or Spring Mix lettuce
1. Rinse squid under cold running water, then lightly pat dry between paper towels. Halve tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies (including flaps, if attached) crosswise into 1/3-inch-wide rings.
2. Cook squid in a 5- to 6-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just opaque, 40 to 60 seconds. Drain in a colander and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. When squid is cool, drain and pat dry.
3. Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then stir in half of red onion, minced and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine squid, olives, tomatoes, and thinly sliced onions to bowl. Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper again if needed.
5. Let stand at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
6. Just before serving, place lettuce in serving dish or bowls and place portion of calamari mixture on top.
7. Drizzle with additional dressing if needed.
*Recipe adapted from epicurious.com
In Trust in Advertising, Maddie is all about the cookies! What a special treat it was for her to go Vincent’s office and of course sneak in a few cookies. Cookies speak to everyone because they remind us of our childhood and how fun it was to bake.
Here’s my recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
• 8 oz or 2 sticks of Butter (unsalted)
• 5 oz Sugar
• 5 oz Brown sugar, light
• 2 Large Eggs
• 1 tsp Vanilla extract
• 10 oz All purpose flour
• Small pinch of salt
• ¾ tsp baking soda
• 4 oz of dark chocolate chips or chunks
1. Measure and weigh all ingredients using kitchen food scale *Note: ingredients that are weighed do not equal the same in cup measurements (Example: 8 ounces of flour does not equal 1 cup of flour)
2. combining all dry ingredients in one bowl
3. In mixer, with paddle attachment, cream butter until light in color
4. Add sugars, cream again
5. Scrape bowl and add eggs and extract until incorporated
6. Add all dry ingredients on top until smooth
7. Remove batter from mixer and using spatula, fold in chips or chunks
8. Use scoop or large rounded tablespoons to place portions on to baking sheet
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown
10. Cool for 2-5 minutes on pan to allow to set up.
Eat while warm for ultimate treat! Enjoy!
We’ve complied a list of our favorite quotes from Trust in Advertising. We hope you enjoy them! :)
“Never forget to be true to yourself and go after your dreams, for dreams really do come true – Michelle Futton
“You’re smart and witty. You’re so talented and really have an eye for advertising. Trust in that, and trust in the person who interviewed you today to see that about you.” – Hope
“I need a phone number”….”’Hired assassins don’t come cheap, Lexi. Do you have enough cash on hand?’ Sean leaned forward and began flipping through his Rolodex. ‘Guido the Squid is good and works on credit, but he’s kinda messy. How about Jimmy? You get a discount if you use him, cuz he only has one hand.’” – Lexi & Sean
“…the suits he wore were just plan unfair. No woman alive should resist Vincent Drake in Prada menswear.”
“’Well find him.’….’Nope, he’s not in my drawer.’” – Jade & Lexi
“’I’ll tell Sean you said he was hot’…’I said he was a rat bastard with the potential to be hot!’” – Hope & Lexi
Trust in Advertising…Victoria Michaels once again delivers a can’t-put-it-down novel loaded with engaging characters, cheeky dialogue, and powerful emotions. Trust in Advertising is a cleverly woven tale about two people getting to know each other and ultimately themselves. :)
Here is the transcript for our author fan chat with author Victoria Michaels. She was kind enough to answer some questions regarding her books and a little of what she enjoys. Enjoy! The transcript is also uploaded to our FB page as well.
Once again thank you to Victoria Michaels and everyone who participated in the chat. We really do appreciate it!