In Trust in Advertising, Maddie is all about the cookies! What a special treat it was for her to go Vincent’s office and of course sneak in a few cookies. Cookies speak to everyone because they remind us of our childhood and how fun it was to bake.
Here’s my recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
• 8 oz or 2 sticks of Butter (unsalted)
• 5 oz Sugar
• 5 oz Brown sugar, light
• 2 Large Eggs
• 1 tsp Vanilla extract
• 10 oz All purpose flour
• Small pinch of salt
• ¾ tsp baking soda
• 4 oz of dark chocolate chips or chunks
1. Measure and weigh all ingredients using kitchen food scale *Note: ingredients that are weighed do not equal the same in cup measurements (Example: 8 ounces of flour does not equal 1 cup of flour)
2. combining all dry ingredients in one bowl
3. In mixer, with paddle attachment, cream butter until light in color
4. Add sugars, cream again
5. Scrape bowl and add eggs and extract until incorporated
6. Add all dry ingredients on top until smooth
7. Remove batter from mixer and using spatula, fold in chips or chunks
8. Use scoop or large rounded tablespoons to place portions on to baking sheet
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown
10. Cool for 2-5 minutes on pan to allow to set up.
Eat while warm for ultimate treat! Enjoy!