Genre: Urban Fantasy
Audience: Young Adult 14 years and up
Publisher: Self Published
Cover by: Melody Simmons
Edited by: MaryAnn Inabinet
Date Published: 15 August 2013
Kasadya: Hellhound Born (Book #3 of the Kasadya Series)
In a world filled with evil, the Fallen prepare for the ultimate battle against the demon world!
Kasadya is ordered to unleash her crazed born transformation to complete her divinity. But there is a chance that her born will be uncontrollable, and she will be destroyed. There is just one person that can save her; her charm, her destined mate. Left without a choice, she must surrender, and place her life in his hands.
In a race against time, the Fallen must stand together and fight the evil threatening to invade earth. If her divinity was in reach, victory would be theirs. That is until she starts having visions of the final battle, and her true destiny is revealed. She just found her love and place in the Fallen world; will she be able, and willing, to sacrifice it all?
“Well if we do find one, we need to keep it earth bound,” I said, remembering my fight with Ira.
Chax looked at me questioningly.
“They heal super-fast in Hell. On earth, they barely heal, giving us the upper hand,” I explained.
“How do you know this?” Chax asked, his fork hovering in front of him and his eyes shooting daggers at me.
Trying to avoid it, I looked at Zurita and Caim and found them waiting for the explanation.
“The night I killed Ira, he shifted me to his place in Hell. That’s where I discovered that he could heal faster there.” I waited for Chax’s outburst.
He looked like he was going to kill something, and in that moment I was pretty sure it was me.
“He shifted you to hell?” Chax asked again.
Annnd, here it comes.
I nodded and braced myself for impact. There was a moment of deathly silence, like those moments just before a bomb goes off. You watch it slowly fall to earth and you know that it’s going to go boom. This is that moment.
“You will never leave my side again!” The bomb exploded, and then jumped up and stormed out.
I looked at Caim and Zurita, and found their large eyes focused on me.
“Yeah, I was waiting for that,” I mumbled, and then took another bite.
Crap, so much for Zen moments. Chax needs to lighten up.
“Will you do it already?!” Thonyn yelled from somewhere.
“Indeed.” I replied smiling.
I knew they were struggling with her. Focusing, I poured my feelings into her. It was still strange and foreign, all of these feelings around her, and I was not sure how she would receive them. I opened up to her; I wanted her to feel what I could not tell her. That I admired her. That I am proud of her, regardless of her flaws. That she was magnificent in my eyes. But most of all, and I feared for this, I wanted her to feel my love for her. The moment I had her in my arms and felt her mouth against mine, I knew that I loved this stubborn girl with everything inside me. For her I, would slay all evil, and would travel to hell to ensure her safety.
Top Ten Favorite Authors by Karen Swart
Yikes! I have to put them in an order! That’s so cruel, but ok here we go.
- Katie Macalister – I just loved her Dragon novels. She has a great way of brining in every emotion there is. One moment you’re cracking yourself the next you’re sad. This is why she is my top favorite author, because she knows just how to drive me insane.
- Gena Showalter – Well there is a lot of reasons why I love Gena but the main reason is her Lords of The Underworld Series. Oh my soul! Way too much hot guys in them, and then we also have our gals that also kicks a butt or two. But Gena also have a great way of weaving emotions, and yes just like Katie she drives me nuts sometimes.
- Karen Marie Moning – Karen have a great way of writing, but the main reason she is no 3 is because she created Barrons, sign.
- Christy Kole – wow her immortals after dark had me in a frenzy, I was reading them back to back in a very unhealthy way.
- Jacquelyn Franklyn – I have read almost all her books and I can say that she never disappoints. Her Dark Series was to die for, and I was again reading them back to back in a very unhealthy way.
- Louise D. Gornall – Her novel In Stone had me bursting out with laughter, and she had me gripping my kindle while reading it. Her writing style is fresh and fun and immediately grabs you.
- Richelle Mead – she introduced Dimitri to us, her writing style is fresh and easy going. And soon we get to see it on the big screen!
- Stephanie Witter – I love the fact that she doesn’t paint a pretty picture in her novels. She writes about real life issues and makes you want to cry every time. She takes you into the mind of others so you can see someone else’s perspective of life.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon – All of her dark hunters was absolute to die for, but Acheron was the one that broke me down and I cried for a week. Even today I can’t forget it.
- EL James – I did enjoy the fifty shade series, but why she is one of my top ten is because of her courage. She never gave up on her work, even after so many reviewers saying that they didn’t like her fifty shades. Today she is one of the top paid authors in the world, all because she kept fighting and never gave up.
And that’s my top ten authors and why I love them so J
~About the Author~
Her preferred genres are Paranormal and Urban fantasy. Karen specializes in payroll and HRIS systems analysis and development. At the age of 21 Karen’s professional success reached it highest platform, an outstanding achievement at such a young age.
~Media Links ~